B.A.(Psychology), M.Ed.(Counselling Psychology), C.C.C.
Individual, Couple & Family Counselling
Ages: Adults, Seniors
Helen has a wide range of experience working with individuals, couples, and families who are dealing with a variety of issues including anger, anxiety, aging-related issues, stress, grief, loss, relationship problems, self-esteem, life transitions, and separation & divorce.
She is trained in EMDR therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, and she has completed level one and two of Gottman Training for Couples. She has facilitated mediation services as well as psycho-educational groups related to positive parenting, setting healthy boundaries, and support groups for separated and divorced individuals.
Helen takes a holistic approach when working with clients and is open to include one’s spiritual beliefs and values in the counselling process.
- B.A. Major-Psychology, Minor-Sociology, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, NS
- Specialized courses in Gerontology, Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, NS
- M.Ed. Counselling Psychology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Certified Counsellor – Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, #4097
- Certified Member of The Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists (ANN) #17-6192
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Member of EMDR Canada
- Member of EMDR International Association
- Member of ICEEFT - Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- EMDR Level One and Two completed 2010
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) Externship completed 2011
- Gottman Training for Couples Level One and Two completed 2018
Tel: (709) 738-0432