Registered Social Worker
B.A.(Psychology/Sociology), B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S.W.
Individual & Family Counselling
Ages: Teens (13-17), Young Adults (18-24) and Adults, Seniors
Sarah has experience providing empathetic and non-judgemental therapeutic services to children/youth, adults, and seniors within individual, family, and group settings. She has extensive experience in providing group therapy and workshops in relapse prevention, suicide and mental health interventions, challenging phobias, general wellness, as well as psychological first aid and incident debriefing.
Sarah has a passion for helping people through utilizing integrated approaches that build on client strengths, are solution focused and are client centred. Her approach is evidence based and holistic in nature, integrating concepts of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness Based Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and other methods into individualized treatment.
During her downtime, Sarah enjoys partaking in activities which she endorses for mental health and wellness, including meditation, hiking, and painting.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New Brunswick, Psychology and Sociology - Double Major
- Bachelor of Social Work, Dalhousie University, Graduate with Distinction
- Master of Social Work, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies for outstanding academic achievement and performance of special merit
- Registered Social Worker with Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers, #3124
- Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers (NLCSW)
Certificates and Training
- Trauma Informed Care
- Psychological First Aid and Debriefing
- Suicide Intervention
- Mental Health First Aid for Youth
- Cultural Competency
- Substance Use, Recovery and Aftercare
- Indigenous Mental Health
Tel: (709) 738-0432