Registered Psychologist (Prov.)
B.A., M.Ed.(Counselling Psychology), C.C.C.
Ages: Teens (13-17), Young Adults (18-24), Adults, Seniors
Melissa is a genuine, caring and insightful professional who creates a safe therapeutic space in which to foster self-awareness, personal growth and transformation.
Melissa has experience working with diverse clients including children, adolescents and the aging population, all with varying socio-economic backgrounds, mental health issues, addictions and homelessness. She enjoys working with clients of all ages with an emphasis on youth and adults.
Melissa facilitates client change, empowerment by taking a client-centered approach utilizing several theoretical and research-based methodologies. Her aim is to facilitate and guide clients to live more meaningful lives with the ability to overcome any life obstacle.
- B.A Double Major - Psychology & Gerontology, St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB
- M.Ed. Counselling Psychology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Registered Psychologist – NL & Lab Psychology Board #653
- Certified Counsellor – Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association #2619
- Medavie Blue Cross Provider #6530
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Association of Psychology Newfoundland and Labrador (APNL)
Tel: (709) 738-0432