Registered Social Worker
B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S. W.
Individual & Couples Counselling
Ages: Young Adult (18-24), Adults, Seniors
Meghan has a range of experience working in the field of mental health and addictions. She has worked with diverse individuals and couples who experience various issues including, anxiety, depression, addictions, relationship problems, relationship abuse, self-esteem, stress management, anger management, grief and loss, communication, interpersonal relationships conflict, and life transitions.
Meghan uses best practices in the field of mental health and addictions and implements therapeutic approaches that meet the individual's needs. Primary approaches include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and Gottman Method. Meghan believes practice and persistence are important to the individual’s progress and provides tools and resources that can be used outside of session. Meghan works from a collaborative and strengths based perspective; she is person-centred and strives to facilitate self-empowerment. Meghan values and considers all areas of an individual’s life and believes recovery is possible for all.
- BSW, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- MSW, with Specialization in Mental Health and Health, University of Toronto.
- Some courses include Psychodynamic Theories and Clinical Social Work Practice, Cognitive Behavioural Theories in Clinical Social Work Practice, Advanced Social Work Practice in Mental Health.
- Registered Social Worker with Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers #3230
- Medavie Blue Cross Provider #32300
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Social Workers (NLASW) #3230
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1 training, present
- Gottman Method, Treating Affairs and Trauma, present
- Single Session Brief Solution Focus Therapy Training, 2017
- Drug Overdose Prevention Training, 2015
- Seeking Safety, Trauma Informed Care, 2015
- Motivational Interviewing, 2015
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training, 2015
- Adult Smoking Cessation, 2014
Tel: (709) 738-0432