Registered Social Worker
B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S.W
Ages: Youth (16-17), Young Adults (18 to 24), Adults, Seniors
Elizabeth has an expertise in helping people experiencing a wide variety of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, divorce, parenting, anger management, bereavement, self-esteem, stress management and interpersonal relationships.
Elizabeth is a holistic counsellor. She uses a variety of evidence based therapies such as Strengths-Based Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Narrative Therapy and Brief-Solution Focused Therapy. She combines these traditional therapies with alternative healing modalities such as Energy Psychology, meditation and spirituality. Elizabeth was trained as a meditation teacher in New York City.
In her practice, Elizabeth develops a supportive and caring therapeutic relationship with her clients. She creates a safe space in which her clients can develop insight and work on their mental health issues in order to heal and live their best life.
Elizabeth has been immersed in the mental health field for the past 25 years where she has had a wide variety of traditional and alternative training and experience as a social worker in Newfoundland and New York City.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Master of Social Work, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Registered Social Worker with Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Work #1967
- Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers NLCSW
- Canadian Association of Social Workers CASW
Certificates and Training
- Suicide Intervention
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Strengths-Based Intervention
Tel: (709) 738-0432