B.A., B.Ed., B.S.W., M.Ed., R.Psych
Individual & Family Counselling
Ages: Children (5-11)
Dana has over 10 years experience working with children and adolescents in school, clinic and private practice settings. She helps children and families dealing with anxiety, attachment issues, grief/loss, self esteem, social phobias, stress, emotional regulation and adjustment to life changes (divorce, mourning).
She uses an integrative play therapy approach, she makes use of music, art, sand tray and traditional counselling to help children process emotions, foster problem-solving skills, nurture resiliencies and make sense of their experiences.
- Bachelor of Social Work, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Master of Education in Counselling Psychology, University of Alberta, AB
- Conjoint Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education (Major in Psychology, Minor in French), Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- Registered Psychologist – NL & Lab Psychology Board #524
- Registered Psychologist – College of Alberta Psychologists #4220
- Registered Play Therapist – American Play Therapy Association #T3019
- Medavie Blue Cross Provider #5240
- Psychologists Association of Alberta (PAA) - #13251
- Association for Play Therapy United States #T3019
Tel: (709) 738-0432