B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed.(Counselling Psychology), C.C.C.
Individual & Family Counselling
Ages: Teens (13-17), Young Adults (18-24), Adults, Seniors
Arwa has a natural ability to connect with clients using a holistic counselling approach. She helps clients to understand the essence of being present through mindfulness in order to see more clearly how personal growth is possible and attainable.
Arwa has expertise in working with diverse clients – individually and in groups—experiencing a wide range of client issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, job loss and career transition, childhood sexual abuse, transition from adolescence to adulthood, and coping with adult effects of parental divorce. She draws from a variety of counselling theories and perspectives and also uses imagery and visualization techniques when working with clients.
Arwa believes the counsellor-client connection is integral to effective counselling and helps clients to look at themselves with compassion, openness, and curiosity.
- B.A., B.Ed., Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, NL
- M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology), Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto
- Certified Counsellor, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, #2380
- Personality Dimensions® Facilitator Certificate, Career/Lifeskills Resources Inc.
- Sexual Abuse Group Counsellor Training Program Certificate, York Region Abuse Program
- Certified Member of The Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists (ANN), #19-6363
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Counsellors’ and Psychologists’ Association (NLCPA)
Tel: (709) 738-0432