Registered Social Worker
B.A.A., B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S.W.
Individual and Couple Counselling
Ages: Teens (13-17), Young Adults (18-24) and Adults, Seniors
Anna’s approach to therapy is focused on building equitable relationships where people can share openly, explore new perspectives, and take emotional risks. She respects what people bring to the process and will collaborate with them to use approaches and interventions that match with their preferences, values and goals.
Anna has experience working with people who would like to improve their relationship with their body and food, have had adverse childhood experiences, have been given the diagnosis of PTSD and/or self identify as having experienced traumatic events, and who identify as consumers, survivors, Mad or neurodivergent. She also has an interest in working with couples and people in relationships.
Anna uses Intuitive Eating, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, among others, and works within an anti-oppressive framework.
- B.A.A., B.S.W., M.S.W. St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB
- University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Bachelor of Social Work, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1996
- Registered Social Worker with Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers #3927
- Registered Social Worker with New Brunswick Association of Social Workers #3637
- Medavie Blue Cross Provider #3927A
- Registered Social Worker, Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers (NLCSW)
- Registered Social Worker, New Brunswick Association of Social Workers (NBASW)
- Emotionally Focused Externship, Completed in 2022
- EMDR Level One and Two, Completed in 2021
- Recent Traumatic Events and Group Traumatic Events Protocol for EMDR, Completed in 2021
- Attachment-Focused EMDR, Completed in 2020
- Trauma-Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Completed in 2020
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy, Completed in 2020
Tel: (709) 738-0432