Registered Social Worker
B.A.A., B.S.W., M.S.W., R.S.W.
Individual and Couple Counselling
Ages: Teens (13-17), Young Adults (18-24) and Adults, Seniors
My approach to therapy is focused on building a relationship where people can share openly, explore new perspectives, and take emotional risks. I respect what everyone brings to the process and will collaborate with you to use approaches and interventions that match with your preferences, values and goals. When therapy goes well it can be a conversation that takes you to new places, emotionally and intellectually, inspiring you to make changes and see yourself, others and the world differently.. an incredible gift to give yourself.
I have training and experience working with people who would like to improve their relationship with their body and food, have had adverse childhood experiences, have been given the diagnosis of PTSD and/or self identify as having experienced trauma. I also enjoy working with people who are interested in becoming more compassionate, mindful and present in their lives, who are experiencing anxiety, going through life transitions, or interested in managing stress.
In my six years as a social worker I have held several positions in community and hospital health care, working with people experiencing chronic illness and receiving palliative care, as well as in government case management for support services for people with disabilities. I've now been in private practice for three years, primarily working with trauma and CPTSD/PTSD.
In my practice I use Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Intuitive Eating/Health At Every Size, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, among others, and work within an anti-oppressive framework.
If you think you and I might be a good fit I encourage you to reach out - our first session can involve as much or as little sharing as you'd like. The focus will be on beginning to create safety and trust, and from there we will build the therapy together.
- B.A.A., B.S.W. St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB
- M.S.W. University of Waterloo, Waterloo,
- Registered Social Worker with Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers #3927
- Registered Social Worker with New Brunswick Association of Social Workers #3637
- Medavie Blue Cross Provider #3927A
- Registered Social Worker, Newfoundland and Labrador College of Social Workers (NLCSW)
- Registered Social Worker, New Brunswick Association of Social Workers (NBASW)
- The Neurobiology of Parts Work - Juliane Shore
- Trauma Informed Interventions for Eating Disorders
- DBT Skills - Marsha Linehan
- Emotionally Focused Therapy Externship
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Individuals - Trauma Level One and Two
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy - Level One
- EMDR with Dissociative Clients - Janina Fisher
- Intuitive Eating Training - Evelyn Tribole
- Somatic Interventions for Chronic Pain - Peter Levine
- EMDR Basic Training - Refresher course
- EMDR Basic Training - Sue Genest
- EMDR Somatic Interweaves - Sue Genest
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Trauma - Russ Harris
- Calming the Inner Critic: Working with Punitive Introjects, Ego States, and Dissociative Parts - Kathy Steele
- Attachment-focused EMDR - Laurel Parnell
- Internal Family Systems mini training
- EMDR and DBT for Trauma-focused Treatment - Jamie Marich
- R-TEP and G-TEP EMDR - Connect EMDR
Tel: (709) 738-0432